Total length of road to be constructed is approximately 1,747 metres.
Victoria Road (section between Station Road to Walker Road) and Railway Road - trafficable road width of 5 metres
English Street - trafficable road width of 3.5 - 5 metres
- Road alignment and widths will generally follow the existing road formation
- Concrete rollover kerb and channel or edge strip will be provided along the entire road
- Associated underground drainage installed as required
- The constructed surface will generally be higher, approximately 200mm than existing surface
The asphalt pavement will either be crowned in the centre of the road or have one way cross fall to allow stormwater to sheet to either side or one side of the road
Where levels of the road have been altered, driveways will be reinstated as best as possible to avoid scraping of vehicles accessing the property. Disturbed sections of private driveways will be reinstated to the same standard as they existed prior to the works with use of the same surface material.
Further to the road construction, a crushed rock footpath is proposed along Victoria Road and English Street.
These works are to be funded by Council and are not included in the Special Charge Scheme.
In 2019 the Federal Government announced a nine year, $150 million funding plan for Yarra Ranges Council to seal roads within the Dandenong Ranges and surrounding areas. This funding program has been named the Roads for the Community Initiative.
Council has prioritised roads that will be constructed through this program to ensure funding is used in a way that will provide maximum benefit to the greatest number of residents and visitors to our area. For information explaining how priority was assigned, please see Roads for the Community FAQ's.
This project has been listed for construction under the Roads for the Community Initiative program and will be facilitated by means of a Special Charge Scheme, whereby landowners and Council form a partnership to fund construction.
Timeline item 1 - complete
- Questionnaire sent to all landowners affected to gauge your support for proposal.
- Special Charge Scheme road construction projects only proceed where both Council and a majority of landowners are supportive of the proposal.
Landowner survey complete.
Timeline item 2 - complete
- Council’s Project Engineer will coordinate feature survey and design
Timeline item 3 - complete
- Accessible online via Council’s website.
- Invitation letter sent to landowners
- The briefing will outline design and Special Charge Scheme Statutory process.
- Transcript available in related links
Watch landowner briefing
Timeline item 5 - complete
- Declaration of Special Charge Scheme Notice sent to landowners
- Landowners may apply for Council’s Declaration of the Special Charge to be reviewed at VCAT
- If no appeals to VCAT the project will be tendered
- If an appeal is lodged at VCAT the project will be put on hold until a written decision has been made
Timeline item 6 - active
- Contractor engaged via tender
- Notification of works commencement letter sent to landowners
- Works complete
- Final costs of project reported to Council
- Letter sent to landowners to notify final cost
Have questions or want to learn more about a project, contact us below:
|Roads for the Community Initiative Team
|1300 368 333