Works SummaryWorks along Russell Road, Norman Berry Drive, Haag Road (from Russell Road to Howard Street) and the unconstructed section of Howard Street (from Haag Road to no. 23 Howard Street), Seville include approximately 1,420 metres urban standard asphalt road generally 5 metres wide.
Concrete rollover kerb and channel and associated underground longitudinal drainage as required.
Footpath construction along sections of the roads including pram crossings (at Council's cost).
These works are to be funded by Council and are not included in the Special Charge Scheme.
Timeline item 1 - complete
- Questionnaire sent to all landowners affected to gauge your support for proposal.
- Special Charge Scheme road construction projects only proceed where both Council and a majority of landowners are supportive of the proposal.
Landowner survey complete.
Timeline item 2 - complete
- Council’s Project Engineer will coordinate feature survey and design
Timeline item 3 - complete
- Accessible online via Council’s website.
- Invitation letter sent to landowners
- The briefing will outline design and Special Charge Scheme Statutory process.
Watch the landowner briefing
Timeline item 4 - complete
Intent to levy
- Report to Council 10 August 2021 View agenda & minutes
- Intent to Levy Notice sent to landowners
- Landowners may submit formal submissions
- Review of submissions
- Report to Council with submissions 12 October 2021 View agenda & minutes
Timeline item 5 - complete
- Declaration of Special Charge Scheme Notice sent to landowners
- Landowners may apply for Council’s Declaration of the Special Charge to be reviewed at VCAT
- If no appeals to VCAT the project will be tendered
- If an appeal is lodged at VCAT the project will be put on hold until a written decision has been made
Timeline item 6 - active
- Contractor engaged via tender
- Notification of works commencement letter sent to landowners
- Works complete
- Final costs of project reported to Council
- Letter sent to landowners to notify final cost
Have questions or want to learn more about a project, contact us below:
|Name||Roads for the Community Initiative Team|
|Phone||1300 368 333|