Road sealing approximately 1070m on Menzies Road, Menzies Creek.
The construction includes:
- Sealed pavement 5 metres wide for two-way traffic with proposed section of localised narrowing.
- Concrete rollover kerb and channel and/or concrete edge strip.
- Associated underground drainage as required to manage stormwater runoff.
Reinstatement of existing property crossovers to the new road level using a similar material and as close to their current standard as possible.
Timeline item 1 - complete
- Questionnaire sent to all landowners affected to gauge your support for proposal.
- Special Charge Scheme road construction projects only proceed where both Council and a majority of landowners are supportive of the proposal.
Landowner survey complete.
Timeline item 2 - complete
- Council’s Project Engineer will coordinate feature survey and design
Timeline item 3 - complete
- Accessible online via Council’s website.
- Invitation letter sent to landowners
- The briefing will outline design and Special Charge Scheme Statutory process.
Watch the landowner briefing
Timeline item 5 - active
- Declaration of Special Charge Scheme Notice sent to landowners
- Landowners may apply for Council’s Declaration of the Special Charge to be reviewed at VCAT
- If no appeals to VCAT the project will be tendered
- If an appeal is lodged at VCAT the project will be put on hold until a written decision has been made
Timeline item 6 - incomplete
- Contractor engaged via tender
- Notification of works commencement letter sent to landowners
- Works complete
- Final costs of project reported to Council
- Letter sent to landowners to notify final cost
Have questions or want to learn more about a project, contact us below:
|Name||Roads for the Community Initiative Team|
|Phone||1300 368 333|