Works SummaryTotal length of road to be constructed is approximately 450 metres.
Campbell Road and Pilmer Road
- Asphalt pavement varying from 3.5 - 5 metres wide
- Rollover kerb and channel or concrete edge strip and associated underground drainage
- Asphalt pavement 3.5 metres wide with sealed passing bays provided at intervals along the road
- Concrete rollover kerb and channel or edge strip and associated underground drainage.
Road width will be determined by the width of the existing gravel road formation, steepness of the terrain and the presence of significant vegetation.
As part of the works, existing property crossovers will be reinstated using a similar material and as close to their current standard as possible.
In 2019 the Federal Government announced a nine year, $150 million funding plan for Yarra Ranges Council to seal roads within the Dandenong Ranges and surrounding areas. This funding program has been named the Roads for the Community Initiative.
Council has prioritised roads that will be constructed through this program to ensure funding is used in a way that will provide maximum benefit to the greatest number of residents and visitors to our area. For information explaining how priority was assigned, please see Roads for the Community FAQ's.
This project has been listed for construction under the Roads for the Community Initiative program and will be facilitated by means of a Special Charge Scheme, whereby landowners and Council form a partnership to fund construction.
Timeline item 1 - complete
- Questionnaire sent to all landowners affected to gauge your support for proposal.
- Special Charge Scheme road construction projects only proceed where both Council and a majority of landowners are supportive of the proposal.
Landowner survey complete.
Timeline item 2 - complete
- Council’s Project Engineer will coordinate feature survey and design
View the plans for Campbell Road
View the plans for Crosley Street
Timeline item 3 - complete
- Accessible online via Council’s website.
- Invitation letter sent to landowners
- The briefing will outline design and Special Charge Scheme Statutory process.
Timeline item 4 - complete
Intent to levy
- Report to Council 12 April 2022 View agenda & minutes
- Intent to Levy Notice sent to landowners
- Landowners may submit formal submissions
- Review of submissions
- Report to Council with submissions 14 June 2022 View agenda & minutes
Timeline item 5 - complete
- Declaration of Special Charge Scheme Notice sent to landowners
- Landowners may apply for Council’s Declaration of the Special Charge to be reviewed at VCAT
- If no appeals to VCAT the project will be tendered
- If an appeal is lodged at VCAT the project will be put on hold until a written decision has been made
Timeline item 6 - active
- Contractor engaged via tender
- Notification of works commencement letter sent to landowners
- Works complete
- Final costs of project reported to Council
- Letter sent to landowners to notify final cost
Have questions or want to learn more about a project, contact us below:
|Name||Roads for the Community Initiative Team|
|Phone||1300 368 333|