Total length of road to be constructed is approximately 1220 metres.
Bell Street, Read Road and Winifred Street
- 5 metre wide trafficable road width
- Generally following existing road formation
- Asphalt pavement crowning allowing stormwater to sheet either side of the road
- Concrete rollover kerb and channel on both side with associated undergrounddrainage
Sections of Paynes Road (servicing numbers 11 to 23)
- 3.5m wide trafficable road width - Generally following existing road formation
- Asphalt pavement one-way cross fall allowing stormwater to sheet to one side of the road – generally to the rollover kerb and channel
- Concrete rollover kerb and channel on one side, and concrete edge strip on the other
part of the works, existing property crossovers will be reinstated using a
similar material and as close to their current standard as possible.
In 2019 the Federal Government announced a nine year, $150 million funding plan for Yarra Ranges Council to seal roads within the Dandenong Ranges and surrounding areas. This funding program has been named the Roads for the Community Initiative.
Council has prioritised roads that will be constructed through this program to ensure funding is used in a way that will provide maximum benefit to the greatest number of residents and visitors to our area. For information explaining how priority was assigned, please see Roads for the Community FAQ's.
This project has been listed for construction under the Roads for the Community Initiative program and will be facilitated by means of a Special Charge Scheme, whereby landowners and Council form a partnership to fund construction.
Timeline item 1 - complete
- Questionnaire sent to all landowners affected to gauge your support for proposal.
- Special Charge Scheme road construction projects only proceed where both Council and a majority of landowners are supportive of the proposal.
Landowner survey complete.
Timeline item 2 - complete
- Council’s Project Engineer will coordinate feature survey and design
Timeline item 3 - complete
- Accessible online via Council’s website.
- Invitation letter sent to landowners
- The briefing will outline design and Special Charge Scheme Statutory process.
- Transcript available in related links
Timeline item 4 - complete
Intent to levy
- Report to Council 26 April 2022 View agenda & minutes
- Intent to Levy Notice sent to landowners
- Landowners may submit formal submissions
- Review of submissions
- Report to Council with submissions 28 June 2022 View agenda & minutes
Timeline item 5 - complete
- Declaration of Special Charge Scheme Notice sent to landowners
- Landowners may apply for Council’s Declaration of the Special Charge to be reviewed at VCAT
- If no appeals to VCAT the project will be tendered
- If an appeal is lodged at VCAT the project will be put on hold until a written decision has been made
Timeline item 6 - active
- Contractor engaged via tender
- Notification of works commencement letter sent to landowners
- Works complete
- Final costs of project reported to Council
- Letter sent to landowners to notify final cost
Have questions or want to learn more about a project, contact us below:
|Name||Roads for the Community Initiative Team|
|Phone||1300 368 333|