Council is seeking Expressions of Interest from multidisciplinary teams of local, national or international artists to design, supply and install a large-scale land artwork at Kalorama Park, located within the Dandenong Ranges, Victoria, Australia.
This major public art commission, located close to the highest point of the Dandenong Ranges, will create an iconic marker for the area, viewable from a range of distances and perspectives.
The Kalorama Park Land Artwork will be a large-scale, site-specific work, creating a unique and remarkable destination for local residents and visitors to ngurrak barring.
The Artwork will complement the form and character of the site and its surrounds and convey a concept that is deeply considered and reflective of the environment and cultural and historical context of the immediate area and/or the wider Dandenong Ranges.
As a Land artwork, it will be integrated with the landscape and must be made using natural or mostly natural materials. It should reflect the ngurrak barring (also referred to as RidgeWalk) vision, particularly by being environmentally responsive.
The budget for this project is up to $360,000 AUD.
Ideal project completion date for this land art commission is 28 February 2024. There may be flexibility to extend delivery by up to 4 months to accomodate time required for manufacture and installation.
Expression of Interest package containing details about the project can
be downloaded from the E-tendering
portal document section following registration.
Respondents should include the following material in their submission:
- A current CV
- A short, written or verbal (video) response to the Artist Brief. This should highlight the artist’s/creative team members’ experience and skills relevant to the selection criteria in Stage 1 (see EOI doc). It may also include the artist’s/creative team’s experience relevant to their intended approach to the project.
- Details of the legal structure under which the artist/creative team is working (e.g., sole trader, company, incorporated association etc.).
- Tailored portfolio of examples of relevant past works (up to 7 for each key team member).
- should be limited to the content outlined above;
- only include information relevant to this project.
- and all submitted material will be retained by Yarra Ranges Council; and
- be made via the E-tendering portal in accordance with the lodgement information in the EOI9606 RidgeWalk document.
- Artist teams will be paid a fee to develop a concept as part of Stage 2 selection.
Expressions of Interest closed 5 April 2023, 3pm AEDT.