Submissions open 12 October to 9 November 2023
ngurrak barring | RidgeWalk, is a 39km cultural walking experience that tracks across the ridge of the Dandenong Ranges, marking the environment, landscape, art, history, and culture of this special region of Victoria.
Several artworks and historical and cultural interpretation will feature along the track with this next public art project taking place in Doongalla Forest, The Basin, a dense forest environment.
This will be a participatory public artwork. The community will have the opportunity to be involved at each project stage. Feedback from a recent community survey about the project has been collated and included in the brief.
Up to three respondents from this open expression of interest process will be shortlisted. Shortlisted respondents will be paid a fee to prepare a design for the Artwork according to the guidelines contained within the Brief.
The successful shortlisted respondent will be awarded the opportunity to design, fabricate and install a permanent artwork or series of artworks at the designated Public Art Zone location within the budget and timeframe specified within the brief.
The Artwork will complement the form and character of the site and its surrounds and convey a concept that is deeply considered and reflective of the environment and cultural and historical context of the immediate area and/or the wider Dandenong Ranges.
The budget for this project is up to $160,000 AUD excluding GST.
Respondents should include the following material in their submission:
- A current CV
- A short, written or verbal (video) response to the Artist Brief. This should highlight the artist’s/creative team members’ experience and skills relevant to the selection criteria in Stage 1 (see EOI doc). It may also include the artist’s/creative team’s experience relevant to their intended approach to the project.
- Details of the legal structure under which the artist/creative team is working (e.g., sole trader, company, incorporated association etc.).
- Tailored portfolio of examples of relevant past works (up to 7 for each key team member).
- should be limited to the content outlined above;
- only include information relevant to this project.
- and all submitted material will be retained by Yarra Ranges Council; and
- be made via the E-tendering portal in accordance with the lodgement information in the EOI7377 Doongalla Artist Brief.
- Artist teams will be paid a fee to develop a concept as part of Stage 2 selection.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted via Yarra Ranges Council tenders and contracts portal
A package containing full details about the project can be downloaded from the E-tendering portal document section following registration.
Expressions of interest close 3pm, 9 November 2023 AEDT.