Frequently asked questions
The Disability Advisory Committee (DAC) helps ensure that access and inclusion are at the front and centre of decision-making processes at Council. This advice helps guide the types of programs, projects and services that enable us to create an active, engaged and involved community.
DAC will help shape our future and provide authentic access that is inclusive to all. This includes:
- Helping Council to identify, understand and respond to the needs of people with disability and their carers by providing an authentic voice of people with lived experience of disability.
- Upskilling Committee members to navigate the Local Government processes, helping reach their advocacy goals.
- Honouring Council’s commitment to key Council policies and strategies including the Council Plan and Health and wellbeing Plan.
- Advising on the development and review of key Council strategies, policies and plans.
- Assisting Council to meet its legislative requirements as it relates to the inclusion of people with disability.
We are currently recruiting new members including:
- People with a disability
- Representatives of a service provider for people with a disability, or a relevant local or peak community organisation
- Unpaid carers of a person with a disability
The Advisory Committee is supported and attended by relevant Council staff and nominated Councillors.
We encourage people from all walks of life with a strong connection to Yarra Ranges to apply.
We are looking for people who feel they will be able to make a four-year commitment to the group.
We currently meet every 2 months.
Meetings are held at the Lilydale Council Offices, 15 Anderson Street, Lilydale or via video conference depending on the circumstances.
A light lunch will be provided.
Terms of Reference
If you have any questions or want to learn more about the committee, contact us below:
|Phone||1300 368 333|
PO Box 105, Lilydale Vic 3140