A petition from landowners of McNamaras Road, Millgrove requesting Council investigate the construction of their road was tabled at Council in July 2019.
We are now conducting a landowner survey to determine support for the proposed construction of McNamaras Road, Millgrove.
Total length of road to be constructed is approximately 830 metres. The standard of works is similar to Dee Road, Millgrove.
- 5 metres wide asphalt seal over minimum 100mm fine crushed rock following existing road formation and alignment
- Road shoulders of 0.5 metre in fine crushed rock
- Cleaning out of existing table drains
As part of the works, any existing property crossovers will be reinstated to the new road level using a similar material and as close to their current standard as possible.
Timeline item 1 - active
- Questionnaire sent to all landowners affected to gauge your support for proposal.
- Special Charge Scheme road construction projects only proceed where both Council and a majority of landowners are supportive of the proposal.
Timeline item 2 - incomplete
- Council’s Project Engineer will coordinate feature survey and design
Timeline item 3 - incomplete
- Accessible online via Council’s website.
- Invitation letter sent to landowners
- The briefing will outline design and Special Charge Scheme Statutory process
Timeline item 4 - incomplete
Intent to levy
- Report to Council
- Intent to Levy Notice sent to landowners
- Landowners may submit formal submissions
- Review of submissions
- Report to Council with submissions
Timeline item 5 - incomplete
- Declaration of Special Charge Scheme Notice sent to landowners
- Landowners may apply for Council’s Declaration of the Special Charge to be reviewed at VCAT
- If no appeals to VCAT the project will be tendered
- If an appeal is lodged at VCAT the project will be put on hold until a written decision has been made
Timeline item 6 - incomplete
- Contractor engaged via tender
- Notification of works commencement letter sent to landowners
- Works complete
- Final costs of project reported to Council
- Letter sent to landowners to notify final cost
Have questions or want to learn more about a project, contact us below:
|Name||Roads for the Community Initiative Team|
|Phone||1300 368 333|