Frequently Asked Questions
Council's refreshed Health and Wellbeing Advisory Committee has been established for the purpose of:
- being a voice to Council for people with an interest in community health and wellbeing in Yarra Ranges;
- assisting Council in the consultative process and providing feedback on Council processes and policies, and supporting Council’s decision making; and
- monitoring the achievement of objectives under the Health and Wellbeing Plan, and supporting the four-yearly development of new Plans.
The Committee will be made up of;
- Up to 12 community representatives;
- One Councillor; and
- Relevant Council officers
We encourage people from all walks of life to apply to make sure the committee is diverse and representative of our community. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, culture, nationality, refugee or asylum seeker background, migration or visa status, language, religion, ability, age, mental health, socioeconomic status, housing status, and geographic location.
Applicants should have a strong connection to the Yarra Ranges and
- have a personal interest in health and wellbeing;
- be able to commit to attending the regular meetings of the Committee; and
- have a passion for working with Council to improve community health and wellbeing.
We are looking for people who feel they will be able to make a four-year commitment to the group.
The Committee will meet at least six times a year.
The meetings will be held at an accessible venue in the Yarra Ranges, or via video conferencing.
Terms of Reference
If you have any questions or want to learn more about the committee, contact us below:
|Phone||1300 368 333|
PO Box 105, Lilydale Vic 3140