Parking in Warburton can often be a significant issue for residents, businesses and visitors.
Most current restrictions are in place for mid-week and Saturday mornings, which is inconsistent with the greatest number of visitors and when parking demand is the greatest.
To meet current needs, enhance traffic flow and increase access to local businesses, Council is proposing changes aimed to free up parking spaces within the town for residents and visitors alike.
After viewing the key changes below, we are encouraging feedback from all areas of our community who would be impacted by the proposed changes, including residents, visitors, business owners and staff.
Proposed changes to parking restrictions
Click on the dots in the map below or read the table to learn more about the parking areas, the existing conditions and proposed changes
- Parking along Thomas Avenue will be more clearly defined and become 2-hour parking, between hours of: 11am-3pm Mon-Fri and 10am-5pm Sat-Sun
- Parking along the northern side of Warburton Highway to become 1-hour parking between hours of: 11am-3pm Mon-Fri and 10am-5pm Sat-Sun
- 1 x 30-minute parking space to be installed in front of 3379 Warburton Highway, Warburton (Woody's Charcoal Chicken)
- 2 x 30-minute parking spaces to be installed in front of 3415 Warburton Highway, Warburton (Warburton Bakery)
- Parking along the southern side of Warburton Highway to become 2-hour parking between hours of: 11am-3pm Mon-Fri and 10am-5pm Sat-Sun
- Parking at Arts Centre Warburton will be more clearly defined and to become 2-hour parking with two new accessible spaces provided, between the hours of: 11am-3pm Mon-Fri and 10am-5pm Sat-Sun
Unrestricted parking will continue to be available for staff and visitors at the Dammans Road carpark, Skate Park carpark and the Warburton Recreational Reserve.