Proposed description of works for Arthurs Road, Chum Creek:
- Bitumen spray seal over 150mm of crushed rock base
- Road width varying between 3.5 to 5.0 metres following the existing road alignment
- Reshaping existing table drains with associated underground drainage as required
- Outfall Drainage (Council cost item)
In 2020, landowners petitioned to Council for the construction of Arthurs Road, Chum Creek as a special charge scheme.
In November 2021, landowners along Arthurs Road, Chum Creek were surveyed to determine their support for a special charge scheme to construct the road.
A majority of landowners supported the proposal and the project has since been referred for inclusion in Council’s forward 10-year Capital Expenditure Program (CEP).
Projects are prioritised according to Council’s current commitments, priorities and funding levels. The CEP is reviewed on an annual basis in order to cater for current priorities.
The project has now been referred for inclusion in Council’s forward 10-year Capital Expenditure Program (CEP) and is listed for design completion in 2022/23 financial year.
Following this, construction has been listed to occur in 2023/24 financial year subject to the successful completion of the Special Charge Scheme statutory process.
Timeline item 1 - complete
- Questionnaire sent to all landowners affected to gauge your support for proposal.
- Special Charge Scheme road construction projects only proceed where both Council and a majority of landowners are supportive of the proposal.
Landowner survey complete.
Timeline item 2 - active
- Council’s Project Engineer will coordinate feature survey and design
Timeline item 3 - incomplete
- Accessible online via Council’s website.
- Invitation letter sent to landowners
- The briefing will outline design and Special Charge Scheme Statutory process.
- Transcript available in related links
Timeline item 4 - incomplete
Intent to levy
- Report to Council
- Intent to Levy Notice sent to landowners
- Landowners may submit formal submissions
- Review of submissions
- Report to Council with submissions
Timeline item 5 - incomplete
- Declaration of Special Charge Scheme Notice sent to landowners
- Landowners may apply for Council’s Declaration of the Special Charge to be reviewed at VCAT
- If no appeals to VCAT the project will be tendered
- If an appeal is lodged at VCAT the project will be put on hold until a written decision has been made
Timeline item 6 - incomplete
- Contractor engaged via tender
- Notification of works commencement letter sent to landowners
- Works complete
- Final costs of project reported to Council
- Letter sent to landowners to notify final cost
Have questions or want to learn more about a project, contact us below:
|Name||Roads for the Community Initiative Team|
|Phone||1300 368 333|