The arts are powerful. They have the capacity to bring the community together, tell our stories, boost individual well-being and enhance social connection. As the community emerges bruised and weary from over a year of Covid restrictions, it is time to take the healing power of the arts to the people. It’s time for Art Attack!
Seeking EOIs from Creatives
Yarra Ranges Council is seeking expressions of interests from Yarra Ranges creative practitioners and groups to take part in Art Attack - a community cultural project. Art Attack will commission pop-up creative activations around the region to engage the Yarra Ranges community in refreshing and stimulating ways. Creative activations could include but are not limited to, creative workshops, art installations, live performance, or other participatory activities that creatively enliven identified locations, and engage the local community in the arts.
Emphasis is on making the activity or creative activation accessible to a broad range of ages and skill levels. Proposals that allow for community participation and include the aspirations of community and community plans (where applicable) are encouraged.
Check out the list of locations in Yarra Ranges for possible activation. We welcome thinking outside the box on how to creatively engage communities in these places.
key members of the creative team must live or work in the Yarra Ranges OR
demonstrate you will partner and work with a Yarra Ranges based organisation,
creative business or community group to deliver proposed activation.
This funding opportunity opened on 27 April 2021 and will remain open until all funds are allocated. However, early applications are encouraged, so don’t delay.
Information required for EOI
- Description of creative activation (250 words or less)
- Chosen identified site/location (please refer to list below)
- Your target audience
- Creative team members (optional)
- Total budget required (e.g. artist fees, equipment, materials, resources)
- Resume outlining relevant experience / demonstrating capacity
Successful applicants will be contacted to provide further detail. Successful applicants will require a current Working With Children check, relevant insurance cover and event management plan (if applicable).
Identified locations for creative activations in Yarra Ranges
We strongly encourage thinking outside the box on how to creatively engage communities in places away from main centres that may not have existing art spaces or already have received grants for creative activations.
For example, this may include but is not limited to:
- Belgrave South, Selby
- Wandin, Yarra Glen, Coldstream
- East Warburton
- Ferny Creek/One Tree Hill, Mt Dandenong/Kalorama
- Chirnside Park, Kilsyth, Mt Evelyn
- Macclesfield, The Patch
- Millgrove, Powelltown, Yellingbo
Please note multiple or alternate locations can be proposed. Justification for an alternative would be required for consideration.
- I am creative who does not live in Yarra Ranges can I apply?
- Can I submit a proposal for a location not mentioned on the ‘identified’ list?
- Why is my township not on the identified list?
- Help! I have an idea but I’m not sure where I want to deliver my art activation?
- Can I submit multiple proposals?
- What type of creative activations are eligible?
- When would I need to deliver my activation, if my proposal is successful?
- How are EOIs being assessed?
- How much funding can be applied for?
- If my proposal is successful, what will happen next?
- How long will it take to find out if my application is successful?
- What support would a successful application receive from Yarra Ranges Council?